Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mimicked version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


Why?

This is an easy algorithm I coded to practise Python.
I've been studying Machine Learning for a while, mainly by following courses on Coursera. Even though I have some occasions to implement the training algorithms such as Gradient Descent for Linear Regression, Logistic Regression for Classification; I mainly used Matlab, which is an efficient and practical tool and very easy to get start with. However, I think it would also be great to learn to use some of the ML libraries in Python, such as scikit-learn, which is already tuned and optimised by a lot of data scientists.  I also want to start doing some of the problems on Kaggle, and I'm not sure if Matlab is a perfect tool for that. This is why I decided to learn python by following Google Python Class.

What's the mimicked version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?

Basically, you pick a random word in the book. I picked the first word in the book, which is "Alice". Then you shall follow these steps to generate your version of the book:
  • Print the chosen word, and then look up what words might come next in the original novel, then pick one at random.
  • Do this recursively for 200 times.

Can you show me the mimicked version?

Here's the mimicked version I generated with the algorithm mentioned above :)
Alice's elbow was gently brushing away quietly marched off together, Alice a minute, `and I can be seen: she spread his book, `Rule Forty-two. ALL RETURNED FROM HIM TWO--" why, I ought to a well?' The first saw the mistake about for her eyes were of him), while she is asleep again,' said after her: its full of the opportunity of things--I can't have signed at once set to feel very dull!' `You might belong to my youth,' said the right THROUGH the Mouse with such nonsense!' `I feared it might knock, and his pocket, and anxious.) Alice to be civil, you'd better with the sea,' the rattle of the Cat went on a week: HE was.' `I feared it was certainly was, what? Alice called after it, and Grief, they don't believe there's nothing seems to be a thick wood. `The fourth.' `Two days and then, saying to speak again. This was I the others. `Are they were nowhere to have to Alice said; but there stood the King. `Nearly two and hurried on, looking over their own business!' said Alice. `Why the stairs. Alice thought was coming. It sounded promising, certainly: but the Mock Turtle, and doesn't understand
Isn't it fun? :)
I'll continue following the rest of the ML course. Hope I could use what I learned one day to solve real world problems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment